Hosted by Jon Anders Fjeldsrud Amathus Drinks, this afternoon event will provide those interested in Mezcal a chance to sample 5 different Del Maguey mezcals, as well as enjoy a welcome cocktail designed by London Essence mixologist Hamish Bremner. Guests will get the chance to create two Mezcal samplers with London Essence tonics, learning about the flavour and process from Mezcal Master Jon Anders, amongst some of London's most avid Mexican cultural champions.
Santos bar and restaurant is run by the two brothers Carlos and Fernando De la Cruz, and when it opened 9 years ago it was to bring authentic homestyle cooking born from the kitchens across Mexico to west London and Portobello rd, with focus on traditional Mexican dishes and ceviche like they are served in México.
Del Maguey Mezcal was started as an art project in 1995 by internationally renowned artist and mezcal visionary, Ron Cooper. Ron introduced the world to previously unavailable artisanal mezcal produced the original handcrafted way. Through deep cultural relationships with Zapotec Mexican Indian producers in the remote villages of Oaxaca, Mexico, Del Maguey harnesses ancient, original organic processes. Combining these methods with varying micro-climates and terroir gives each creation its own unique, rich, sweet and smoky character. Every product in the collection is made by individual family Palenqueros (producers), in old-style villages in Oaxaca.
The London Essence Company is brought to you by WiseHead Productions, a venture dedicated to delivering creatively crafted drinks that deliver time and time again. WiseHead discovered the history of The London Essence Company while exploring the archives of Britvic, their parent company. Established in 1896, The London Essence Company built a reputation for distilling the true flavour of fine fruits and botanicals. Inspired by the craft and inventiveness of the original firm, their new enterprise is reaching for the same high standards, to specialise in the art and alchemy of taste.
Tasting & free cocktail
|15:00 - 19:00||£5.00|
Santo restaurant, 299, Portobello Rd, Notting Hill, London, W10 5TD
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.